EST is comprised of a hardware and software (The Integrated Parts and Service System or “TIPSS”) interface kit, which a user can use to communicate with Perkins’ 2300/2800 electronic engines (FG Wilson 300 – 750 KVA range) and FG Wilson Powerwizard control panels. This communication is established via a J1939 data link. All in all, the EST interface kit provides the user with an effective tool in diagnosing engine problems and the ability of configuring system parameters.
EST enables the user to:
- Override Powerwizard level three passwords
- Configure and/or change system parameters
- Display, graph and record logs of parameter status
- Display the status of a group of parameters (temperatures, pressures, etc)
- View and clear active and logged diagnostic codes
- View and clear active and logged event codes
- Display, view or change the current Configuration File or Base level Flash File
- Upload, download and save configuration files
- View a list of irregularities logged by the ECM (engine control module)
- Perform diagnostic tests
- Perform calibrations
- Print reports and diagnostic results.
Why should an FG Wilson dealer invest in the Electronic Service Tool?
- It provides the technician with an essential tool by facilitating the troubleshooting of electronic engines. “As a matter of opinion, troubleshooting an electronic engine without EST is like troubleshooting an electrical panel without a multimeter” – Alex Cabrices FGW Latin America & Caribbean Service Advisor
- Essential in replacing an ECM on a Perkins’ 2300/2800 series engine. A blank ECM can only be configured using EST.
- Essential in replacing or retrofitting an FG Wilson Powerwizard control panel module - the new standard in FG Wilson control systems. A blank module can only be configured using EST (installing the base flash file into a blank Powerwizard module).
- Enables the dealer to upload, download and save customer configuration files.
- Allows bypassing Powerwizard level three passwords.
- Enables dealers to update the software versions of customer’s Powerwizard control panels, as required. New software releases can enhance the control panel’s functionality.
- Enables dealers to install additional Powerwizard language files, as required.
What are the requirements for purchasing/owning EST?
- You are required to be an authorized distributor FG Wilson generator sets.
- You are required to attend a training seminar on the proper use of EST.
- You are required to purchase an annual license.
What is the cost of the annual license?
- The cost of the annual license is $700.00; although, the price is subject to change. FG Wilson Latin America & Caribbean does not profit from this license fee.
What special tools or equipment do I need?
- You will need a laptop computer with either a USB or serial port and Windows 2000 or XP. Please keep in mind that EST is fairly demanding on the CPU; hence, the slower the processor, the slower the program will run.
650-406 – EST Software
915-869= EST Hardware
Please contact the FGW Latin America & Caribbean Service Department to determine if you qualify for a Quote.
FGW Latin America & Caribbean